Sunday 2 May 2010

Piczo my Penguin-Live Brief

I have also been working on the piczo my penguin brief as a side project because I felt I didn't have enough illustration in my portfolio. I first thought of my idea for it a while ago but I hadn't got round to creating it due to other projects and work commitments. Anyway my basic idea for this book cover was to use the theme of playing cards. so I drew out my design in pencil first based on the queen of hearts, but instead of it being the queen it would be Alice. I altered the colour scheme to blue and white to help readers identify Alice as its the same colours she wears, I also included the bottle of potion she drinks to alter her size. I used illustrator to go over the line work to give it a more quality finish and coloured it up using photoshop, I also tried to give the card a 'used' look by overlaying different textures. Here is my book cover:





No comments:

Post a Comment