Saturday 1 May 2010

Live Brief- Blu-tack Advert

This project has been quite a challenge for me, mainly because stop-motion has got to be one of the most tedious forms of animating especially if you are using blu-tack as the main material. It sticks to everything making it virtually impossible to animate. However it was on the whole pretty fun as I got to test out the new software and cameras. Which improved the quality of the last stop motion animation by miles. It allowed me to adjust pretty much anything which resulted in incredibly sharp pictures. I encountered a few problems when I had to settle on one idea, and every time i did i thought of new ideas or different ways to film it. this meant that i was wasting time and due to the time intensive nature of stop motion animation it wasn't the best of way to go about things. It meant that I had only one week before hand in so I spent the last few days solidly working on the animation. Overall it looks good, however I know that if I planned my time better I would have had more time to create more of a professional animations. so this is something I need to work on for next time, if I plan my time better I should end up with a better animation. I have uploaded this video to the Blu-tack website and it has appeared on their showcase page.Anyway here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment